We’re looking for a marketing intern
SPCA of Northern Nevada Marketing Internship
Do you love animals?
Do you enjoy writing, photography, design, and canoodling puppies and kittens?
If you’re passionate, or even curious, about a career in the non-profit world and want to learn more about the ins and outs of how an animal welfare organization operates, then this is the opportunity for you!
The SPCA of Northern Nevada is looking for an intern to join their marketing team! This is an unpaid, semester-long position that will provide an opportunity to dive into the world of marketing as it’s applied in the non-profit world. You’ll also get to work with a really fun group of people (yeah, we’ll admit it).
- Assist with gathering and creating compelling content for our social media accounts, website and email campaigns.
- Assist in the creation and distribution of monthly newsletter.
- Assist with regular website updates including the Pet of the Week page, home page slider, blog and more.
- Take photos of animals, then edit and organize them for content creation.
- Assist with photo and video shoots.
- Writing and optimizing blogs posts for the website.
- Update media lists and distribute press releases
- Submit calendar and event listings for upcoming events to local media/online event calendars.
- Assist with administrative tasks related to fundraising and event planning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (must provide writing samples)
- Able to come up with creative, original ideas
- Knowledge and experience with Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and other social media platforms
- Experience with WordPress a plus
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong time management skills
- An interest in photography, design, and making new friends.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter, resume to Laura@spcanevada.org. If you have a digital portfolio with samples of your writing or creative work, please include a link so I can take a look at your creative genius!
All submissions are due by August 9, 2019.
Click here to go back to previous page
Click on the drop-down box below to search for either Dogs or Cats, then click search.