Services and Programs at the SPCA of Northern Nevada
In 1998, a small group of volunteers, short on financial resources but rich in compassion and energy, founded the SPCA of Northern Nevada. The SPCA was our community's first "no-kill" shelter, and our first shelter dedicated to rescuing the animals running out of time at Reno's animal control facility. 15 years and almost 19,000 happy endings later, our focus remains on rescue and re-homing, along with an increasing commitment to rehabilitating dogs and cats that need a little extra help. To us, every dog and cat in our shelter is a member of our family, and we make a lifetime commitment to each and every one.
Serving Northern Nevada Since 1998
- Shelter Hours: 7 days a week 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Thrift Store Hours: Mon. – Sat. 9 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. & Sun. 12 – 3:45 p.m.
- Thrift Store II Hours: Mon. – Fri. 11 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., Sat. 9 a.m. – 4:45 p.m., & Sun. 12 – 3:45 p.m.
- Vaccination Clinic: Sat & Sun 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. (By Appointment Only)
- Stanley James Walker Pet Care and Adoption Center
- Shelter location: 4950 Spectrum Blvd. (Off the Dandini Exit), Reno, NV 89512
- Mailing Address
- (775) 324-7773
- Contact Us
- SPCA of Northern Nevada Thrift Store
- Thrift Store location: 401 Vine St. (4th and Vine), Reno, NV 89512
- (775) 324-7776
- SPCA of Northern Nevada Thrift Store II
- Thrift Store II location: 1270 E. Plumb Lane, Reno, NV 89512
- (775) 825-1816